Welcome to Academy Central! In the past, Wheaton Academy students had been given the challenge of tracking down dozens of electronic resources (grades, document submission, document downloads, teacher provided links, class podcasts, etc.) in seemingly dozens of places online. We are centralizing these resources in our LMS (Learning Management System), Academy Central. Here students will find almost all of their online material and resources. Additionally, Academy Central will allow students to collaborate online more effectively, find class resources more efficiently, get teacher feedback and updates more quickly, and even start their own student groups. Here are what students and parents can access on Academy Central:
Parent Accounts for Academy Central
- Electronic resources such as syllabi, handouts, etc.
- Class podcasts
- Class announcements
- Student communication features - Academy Central has some very slick methods to communicate with students and keep them updated on a daily basis.
- Students can also use the "Canvas for iOS" app to access Academy Central information from an iPad or iPhone
Parent accounts for Academy Central have finally been developed. When you create your own account, you will be able to follow your student(s) without having to use their log in information. Please click on this link here to watch an instructional video on how to create your own account. A couple of things to note:
- When the instructor says to “go to the school’s domain,” that means that you need to go to https://academycentral.instructure.com. It is there that you will be able to create your account.
- You will need to have the student’s username and password, but only for the one time you add them to your account.
- Finally, don’t be confused by the term “Canvas User.” Canvas is the same thing as Academy Central. “Canvas User” means the same thing as “Academy Central User.”